The COMPANION is built on the RONDO tree. This is the tree that, at its widest, is the best fit on the table-backed, low-withered equines! (The narrower trees fit withered horses.)
These are the features of this fantastically comfortable saddle which make it ideal for both pleasure trail riding and endurance riding:
- lightly quilted, soft seat is comfortable for unlimited hours
- Wide panels distribute the rider’s weight over a large area
- removeable/moveable knee AND calf blocks give the utmost in flexibility to the rider
- remove the blocks for closest contact, or change the angle! When you remove the blocks, there is a piece of shaped leather which you can attach to the velcro to keep it clean
- extured, durable, grained brown leather on the flaps gives added grip and stability to your leg
- long billets used with dressage girth keeps the rider’s leg comfortable
- lots of D rings and a crupper attachment
Available in 17″, 17.5″, 18″, 19″ and 20″ seats (some in 17.5″ also) with 32, 34, 36, 38, 40 and 42 cm trees
NOTE: This saddle works well for Icelandics and other gaited horses.
In addition, with the movable knee block, it’s easy to move the block back towards your knee and keep a nice, straight leg. Or–take the big front block off and move the little block forward, allowing more room for your leg or for shorter stirrups.
We have sold lots of Companions to mounted police in various cities (yes, it’s that comfy!) and we recently noticed a cop in Boston riding in our saddle.
The Encore is the saddle that just “disappears under you.” It’s a saddle that gives great freedom to the rider, as it is not too deep or confining. This is a great saddle for the close contact dressage enthusiast and a good choice for trail riders too. We sell many of these saddles to owners of gaited horses as well.
Its features are:
- “open” seat that suits riders who want room in the saddle, or for whom high cantles create back problems
- black nubuck leather seat for superior stability and grip–non slip, not sticky
- Removeable knee blocks for those who want the closest contact
The Encore is available in 18″, 19″ and 20″ seats in a wide variety of tree widths: 32 cm through 40 cm! (There are a few 17″ and 17.5″ seats in stock as well.)
The Tango was designed with three types of riders in mind: those who both trail ride and school dressage, those who ride gaited horses and desire a long leg position, and those who want the comfort of the Companion trail model but in black with a straight flap.
Note: this saddle is a hybrid of the COMPANION TRAIL
- same padded seat for comfort on long rides
- same wide, weight bearing panels with a wide channel
and a DRESSAGE
- straight flap to ride with a long leg
- flap slightly wider and slightly shorter than on our dressage models
- moveable block on velcro base for versatility in positioning
The Tango is available in 17″, 1.5″, 18″, and 19″ seats in 32, 34, 36, 38 and 40 cm trees. We can order a 20″ seat for you.
We ordered the Tango with no back D rings or crupper attachment, so that the saddle can be used in the dressage ring. However, our fitter and repair person can add D rings for a small fee.